When you start preparing for placements you have to keep certain things in your mind like
- Resume Building
- Develop Aptitude Skills
- Technical Knowledge
- Personality Development
These are certain things you need to be prepared because up-to 76% of the companies use assessment tools like aptitude and personality test to hire external employees. Criteria and pattern of the tests are different from one organization to another. Employees need to go through some rounds (which is again decided by the company) before they get placed in that particular company.
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Ability (don’t get confused between verbal reasoning n verbal ability, they are different)
- Analytical Ability/Logical Reasoning
- If you’re preparing for MBA Entrance Exam Group Discussion (GD) is an important part of MBA selection process. GD Topics for MBA including topics on Current Affairs, Business & Economy and even Abstract topics to check the creativity of college students.
- If you go for a placement round you need to have concrete knowledge about current affairs, Business & Economy and even Abstract topics like
- Reading Daily news paper, Magazines is going to help you increase that knowledge.
- After group discussion (GD), the very phase of the selection process is the Personal Round of Interview.
- The PI is a little more predictable as there is a set of questions that is likely to be asked to a majority of the candidates. It makes sense to know what these questions are and to be prepared with the answers.
- The most frequently asked first question is – Can you tell us something about yourself? It makes ample sense to prepare a comprehensive answer to this. The trick again being able to structure it effectively.
- A necessary condition is to understand your own self – your strengths, weaknesses and nature – before attempting an answer. Other common questions relate to your reasons for doing an MBA, your career goals, reasons for switching streams or giving up a job etc.
- Speak the truth while answering personal questions – nothing works quite as well as truth. Diligence, genuineness, maturity and an awareness of the environment around you are positive traits.
- Ask the questions based on your domain like if your IT engineer – you must have knowledge about languages like C, JAVA.
- So get a strong hold on your Domain Knowledge.
- In this round mainly the interviewee wants to know about your background and whether you’re comfortable with this job profile or not.
- There are certain questions you need to prepare before going for the HR round .some of them are given below
- Tell me about yourself
- What are your strength and weaknesses?
- How you feel about working late or during weekends?
- Where do you see youself in the next five year?
- Why should I hire you?
- What are your hobbies and interest? And much more..
When it comes to interview questions and answers, you can never be prepared enough. However, the best thing that you can do is to make a note of the most common interview questions and work on them. The answer to these questions should be on your fingertips.
Another important tip to remember when you sit for any job interview is to ensure that you look and act confident. Having a great body language can really turn things in your favor.
Work on all aspects of an interview, from non-verbal cues to common interview questions with answers – make sure you have a firm command on everything.
Prepare for Placement Season with Proton:
Proton helps you prepare for the placement season starting your preparation from beginning of the semester. For more information contact us and get ready to face the interview with confidence.
- Coming soon ...